Business Development AssistantThis vacancy has now closed.
Tissue Solutions is a leading provider of human bio-specimens for researchers worldwide which are used by our clients to develop and test new therapies. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and provide the pharmaceutical and biotech industries with high-quality sample sets from a global network of more than 200 sources. Samples include diseased and normal tissue in fresh, frozen, and FFPE formats. We guarantee samples with the highest possible ethical compliance, offering reliable and efficient sourcing of biological material globally.
Due to continued and rapid growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Assistant to join our Business Development Team. The role will be focused on providing support to our team of Business Development Managers and Client Account Managers. The successful candidate will be based in our offices in Glasgow. The role will involve the progression of enquiries as assigned by the team, via the telephone and email. There will also be a focus on lead generation and sales analysis to support ongoing activities.
This role would suit a highly motivated team player with a background in Life Sciences.
To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter along with your salary expectations.
A client focussed approach with strong customer service is key to our business. Your main duties and responsibilities are:
- Progressing enquiries from our website, business development managers and clients
- To undertake lead generation activities to support the existing business development team
- When required attend exhibitions and tradeshows
- Support business development lead generation and contact qualification
- Develop an extensive market knowledge
- Provide accurate sales reporting and forecasting
- Engage effectively with other teams and individuals within Tissue Solutions to drive enquiries forward and provide clients and colleagues with the information they need as efficiently as possible
- Manage customer expectations with effective communication
- Degree in Life Sciences
- Language skill an advantage
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of self-motivation and independence
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Willingness to travel