Our Tissue Procurement Team is extremely experienced in efficient and ethical prospective collection of human specimens for research.
- Global sourcing network — We work closely with our collaborating hospitals and post—mortem
sources. Tissue Solutions’ extensive network of sources is key to our ability to successfully
meet stringent client requirement.
- Ethics — All sources have obtained IRB/ethics approval to allow the provision of human tissues
- Meeting Tight Requirements — We have a proven track record in the provision of those “tough”
human tissues, such as fresh samples and those with specific inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Custom Collections — By working closely with our collaborating hospitals and post—mortem
sources, we can set up and manage customised collection programmes for specific client
Ante— and Post—Mortem Tissue Collections
Living Donors — Samples can be prospectively collected from living donors, including blood, serum, plasma, urine, and skin biopsies, as well as fresh surgical excess tissue from both normal and diseased donors.
Post—Mortem — A wide range of tissue is available from our post—mortem sources on a prospective basis, including fresh brain and eyes. Please speak with our Tissue Procurement Team about your requirements.
Our specialist tissue aquisitionists have more than 30 years of experience in sourcing human tissue for research. Our feasibility studies include the following:
- Identification of collaborating clinicians and clinical groups willing to collect on your behalf
- Establishment of realistic protocols and project timelines
- Provision of realistic alternative approaches (if needed) e.g. different tissue types or
- Identification of currently banked, specialised collections relevant to your research.
All contact details of those potentially involved, and a brief description of their role, would be provided.
Establishing Clinical Collaborations
We are able to establish direct agreements between you and the human tissue source if required. For prospective collections we can prepare the project plan, recruit collaborating clinicians, and secure an agreement with the source, all on your behalf.
Obtaining UK Ethical Approval
For our clients in the UK, we also offer advice on the ethics application process. This can include:
- Obtaining UK ethics approval on your behalf.
- Preparing realistic protocols.
- Designing patient information & consent sheets that conform to the National Research Ethics
Service (NRES) guidelines.
Human Sample Transport Logistics
We coordinate tissue delivery direct from the source to you and deal with all logistics and paperwork, including expediting materials through customs in cross—border deliveries. We can implement logistics programmes anywhere in the world for efficient transport, and guarantee the maintenance of sample integrity whether it is banked or fresh, chilled or frozen.
Our experienced logistics team review transit requirements for each project and ship using validated packaging with the most appropriate courier. We work with a number of specialist couriers worldwide and continually review their performance.
For more information please contact us:
Tel: +44 (0)141 299 0055 Fax: +44 (0)141 299 0054